Thursday, April 3, 2008

And they lived happily ever after...

Congratulations Katie & Wes. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Katy Van and I were just talking about how fun the whole weekend was. I guess I'll recap it for those who may be interested... Friday morning mom and nelly hosted a bridal luncheon at our home. It was a blast and Kate gave each of the bridesmaids jewelry and a sweet belt made by aunt Linda! That night was the rehearsal dinner and it was nice to just talk and relax, and... eat yummy food: Pizza, salad, and ice cream sundays. :) we also watched a slide show, and the bride and groom played a fun game. Great job Sharay on all the planning! Saturday morning, all the bridesmaids gathered at the Dowlings to help each other with hair and makeup. After that, we ran over to the church to finish getting ready and took pictures. We had tons of fun taking pics with the bride and Melanie did such a wonderful job. My favorite were the individual funny ones with Kate. :) Walking down the aisle was the best part and then to watch Wes as Katie walked down with her dad was precious. Good job Mag on the singing... you have such a pretty voice. And then there was the reception...basically I didn't get a single picture of this part cause I was too busy eating, talking, dancing and having fun. Katie, it was so special not only how your dad sang a song to you guys, but also how you sang to Wes. I'm so glad you did it!!! Thanks Hunts for the mini show...it was great and you all are sooo talented.

5 comments:

Kate Van said...

Great slide-show- i like the picture of you and char (the darkies)!

Anonymous said...

Sweet slide show Jap!! That was a fun night on Friday!We miss you all alot, but in 2 months...NA!!! Keep the good posts coming girls!
Keek

Anonymous said...

Jap Thanks for the overview of the wedding. You did an awesome job recaping the wonderful celebration of Katie and Wes's special day. Thanks for playing a special part in it and for your friendship with our whole family. Katie would not want me to say this, but she made most of the belts for all her bridemaids(I just showed her how and she "went to town"...she had fun picking out the fabric and sewing them together for all her dear friends!!!! Thanks so much for the post I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Love you so much A.Lin

Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...

Thanks Aunt Linda. You did an amazing job on this wedding. Everything, from the dresses, to the decorations, and the flower girls yellow bow, it all was simply beautiful. It was also very cool to hear about how kate's friend gave her life to the Lord. I know that weekend was very busy for you, especially, but It was so cool to hear that you made time to be with family and friends. Love you too.