Friday, August 8, 2008

Alas, the Wisdoms are Gone

  This past Thursday I had my wisdom teeth taken out. All four were impacted, which simply means they hadn't come through yet and so instead of being pulled they had to be cut out. There were concerns about a nerve that was very close to my bottom teeth and about possibly fracturing my jaw(I guess my jaw bone is very small), but the Lord allowed there to be no complications. Yesterday I felt fine after the surgery, I was somewhat walking around and talking a lot.  Well today is a bit different. I didn't get much sleep and overnight my mouth got WAY swollen. So I am just laying around watching tv (Princess Diaries- the best) and blogging. My Mom and sisters have been taking such good care of me. I don't have to lift a finger. Thank you guys. Thanks everyone who called me or text me-i love getting them. Thanks Mel, Joey, and Beau for stopping by and for the giftcard - that was so kind and meant a lot to me. Ok, so that's what has been going on with me. Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday.  

    "... For you, O Lord are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upo you... for you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. for great is your steadfast love towards me; you have delivered my soul!!!"  Psalm 86:5, 10


9 comments:

Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...

Where's the pic of you and your cheeks?JK-Mary

Hi a Theodore - Hope you feel better soon- And remember the great service comes with a cost- Totally kidding I'm happy to help ease your pain in whatever way I can - Love you, Laura

The Smith Family said...

Chels,
Glad to hear you are doing well! Love you so much and see you soon,
Mag

Reaghan said...

haha laura and mary!!
Theodore, chubby bunny, miss too many donuts... and tons more is what i called jess and bek when they had their teeth "cut out" haha
(what are lil sisters for, ehh?)

hope you feel better chels! it was good to hear from you today! i'll be praying that you'll be in no more pain and you'll have a quick recovery!
hope to see you at church

Nelly said...

um, pictures??!!!
I love you cheltz!!!
praying for you!!!
love, Nel

Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...

Yeah right nel! I woke up this morning to find that my right eye is almost swollen shut-not too pretty: )
Thanks everyone else for the comments. chels

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Chels!! Hope to see you at church tomorrow. Praying for ya.

Alys

mikey parsons said...

That can't be fun. Hope you'll feel better soon! mp

Anonymous said...

Getting teeth pulled really hurts! :) hope you get well soon.

Moriah

hunts said...

my poor poor chels chels!!! :'( GIIIIRRRLL!! I missed you soooooo much at church today! Can't wait to see you girl! Love you a ton and praying for ya! ~ferf